Andrew and Rebecca Are Married!

a white flower
All the news and details about Rebecca Smith and Andrew Mackay's wedding on May 20th, 2006 in Beckley, WV. We're excited, and we hope you are too!

8/16/2006

Pictures from the Big Day

You asked for it, now you have it: 21 random photos from the wedding day... all well taken by Aunt Con (Thanks!) And, as a limited time bonus, I'll even intersperse my (Andrew) thoughts throughout... a little Donald Miller Stream of Conciousness style.


Groomsmen should never goof off during the rehearsal. And the groom himself should definitely not partake in such shenanigans.



Apparently Justin really didn't get the memo. Seriously. Hehehe.


The wonderful wedding woman (ooh, look at the alliterative power marriage gives you!), Shelly Paice, gets the bridesmaids in line.



And now, the day of the wedding. Here I am waiting with flowers for the bride.


Oooh, pretty flowers!


I think we must've been looking at something musical happening stage right. Or is that stage left? I don't know...


Rebecca and the Sister Bridesmaids


The Mackays, new and not-so-new. This was definitely our best acquisition. I mean, it's like when the Penguins signed Sidney Crosby. Seriously.



The whole wedding party. I wanted to do a dance like little Andrew (yep, the ring bearer is Andrew, too), but no one wants to see that.


Check it out... flowers.


The cutest bride in the world with the cutest flower girl in the world.


Man, the pictures keep on getting better! Note: I am not in these pictures.



No groomsmen were hurt in the photographing of these stunts. Although, I think Sam almost broke his leg.


The Bridesmaids. They're a pretty bunch... especially that one in the middle... but why is she in white? Oh wait... I get it.


Look what I can do!



The groomsmen.


The wedding party... and man, what a party it was... I think I even paid a cover charge.



With my mom and dad.


With Rebecca's parents and Granny,



During the reception... hiding behind some green, leafy object.


Getting ready to throw... as I recall, she cleared everyone out there. Yeah, my girl's got an arm. She claims to have been aiming for the only single girl in the bridal party... and as I further recall, she aimed pretty well.



And that is the new Mackay family leaving... It was a great day, and we greatly appreciate everyone who had a hand in making it all go off so smoothly. Having now been married a month, I think we'd both say that married life is treating us well... yeah, definitely.

I think that's it for now.

Andrew,

For the Mackays (finally, for really, legally, and all!)

9 Comments:

Blogger Betsy said...

i always cry at weddings... felt like I should put on my bridesmaid dress and walk around my kitchen with some flowers in hand. THANKS for the photos... truly a beautiful thing this cyber-world we have now... and the real one with love and hugs and all that good stuff

9:53 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Elijah greatly enjoyed these pics of his aunt and uncle...especially those of his aunt. He thumped his fist on the desk at least five times for every picture of her. Love you guys!
Jessi (and Elijah)

5:25 PM  
Blogger Luke Bruce said...

well it's about time... too many Mackay blogs have lain dormant for too long. thanks for putting up the pics, glad to hear how you guys are doing! peace...

6:19 PM  
Blogger S.D. Smith said...

I like the pictures and slapped the desk myself a time or two. Oh Canada! I did not break my leg!!..it was a minor fracture...and the doctor says I'll be out of reha...uh, the hospital in a few drink...days. What a lot of air I got, I look like the cracker nerd version of the air jordan logo. Look for the Cracker Nerd sneaker coming to a Go-Mart near you...soon. Nice wedding. Way to get married. The Canada-men were great to "hang ote" with. And of all the things we competed in that weekend, you guys clearly had some outstanding snipers. Pretty much the best I know of. Congratulations!..on the snipers...oh, and the wedding. 'Bout time.

11:58 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The pics are beautiful, much better than mine, right now I just want to ask Samuel a question, "Is blogging a violation of your parole?" Nothing to say since May?
I won't believe it. If you don't blog before December you'll be "ote" of my will.

Aunt D

11:24 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Since I can't seem to erase my comment, here is my retraction:
I apologize (in sackcloth) - I had somehow gotten linked to a blog where you have not posted since May 10th. You can imagine my disappointment, checking periodically and finding no new wisdom from Sam.
Thanks and a tip of the hat to the "goat lover" for setting me straight.

A.D.

9:25 AM  
Blogger Jodi said...

I love you guys! I still can't believe that I missed it. I'm such a loser! It kind of seemed surreal to me until I saw the pictures and now know just a little bit of what I missed. I hate paperwork! I guess I'll see you in a couple months.

2:37 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Rebecca-
What a beautiful bride you were! I'm a heel for missing it too- rejoicing with you in Chicago!! See you soon-

5:16 PM  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

Goat lover?

I guess I've been called worse.
;-D

7:04 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home